Wednesday, January 26, 2011

catfish paper

“Catfish”
When the main person in the movie Catfish was asked if he was able to watch his movie over and over again, he said he watched it all through the Sundance film festival and he was really into it. Those were the first few screenings and he really wanted to see the crowd’s reaction. But after the Sundance film festival, he started getting bored as he watched, and then he started to get nervous that because he was bored, other people in the audience were bored as well and not enjoying the film. Nev says that he doesn’t really ever watch the movie that much anymore because the experience was enough for him and he doesn’t want to keep looking back on the past.
The movie Catfish is about a photographer named Nev who sends his photos to a 10 year old girl named Abby who takes his photos and paints them. Along the way Nev starts to fall for Abby’s older sister Megan. There are certain things that don’t ever add up. For example, “Megan” is sending Nev her songs that she and her brother have been recording. When she sends them to Nev, Nev googles them and discovers that it isn’t Megan singing at all. And she had just stolen other people’s music and called it her own. This is where Nev starts to get very suspicious about whom this family really is and he thinks that they are hiding something from him. The movie Catfish was really good. I recommend it to anybody. This movie has comedy and drama and it is really informational and teaches a good lesson. The movie Catfish is a must see. At first, I was not interested at all in watching this movie but once it started I was hooked and I know other people will be too.
The story is about a man named Nev. He likes to take photography of dancers. There is a young girl named Abby, who emails Nev about his photography and asks if she can paint his pictures. So over a course of time, Nev and Abby are exchanging photos and paintings. Then Nev starts talking to Abby’s older sister Megan. They start to get along very well and eventually start to really like each other. Soon they begin to the point where they are dating but not really. Nev is starting to really fall for Megan. She tells him that she models and that she is a singer. They are friends on facebook, they talk on the phone all the time, and they text constantly. Megan sends Nev one of her songs and he googles it only to see that she took the song from someone else and calls it her own. This is where Nev starts to get very suspicious and decides it’s time to go and meet this family. That is where lies and truths start to come out. The outcome is insane.
What I liked about the movie the most was how it was shown. I liked that it was a documentary but it was nowhere near being boring. I liked how they added the special effects to the movie and used the camera at different angles. I like how they captured everything throughout the movie. I really liked how not all of their camera shots were head on the whole time. They changed and were moved and I thought it was really cool. I think that the idea of the movie wasn’t what they thought it was going to be. They first started out filming about Nev’s everyday life to being about this huge scandal. All in all, I think that this movie was really cool and I liked how they captured everything.
I recommend this movie to anyone over the age of 14. I think that the movie is informational but funny. I think it is a documentary but not boring so kids would be very interested while watching. I think that the movie gives off a message saying that you don’t really ever know who to trust when you are on-line. So it teaches them about safety. In my opinion, I think that this movie is one that everyone needs to see because it shows how the internet is not always safe and people who are on the internet are not always who they say they are. I thought that the movie was very informative.
           


i edited ali petersons blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment